Author Topic: Renarin's Spren  (Read 360 times)

Lael Miskeri

• Dedicated
Renarin's Spren
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
So, as I mentioned in my intro post, at the Tyson's Corner VA signing for Words of Radiance, I asked Brandon to personalize my book with something that was unknown about Renarin or his spren, Glys. Brandon's response in my book was, "There is something very odd about Renarin's spren." I'd like to start discussion here with that statement!

My personal thoughts are that Renarin and his spren are the same "gender". I'm not certain spren really HAVE gender, but we certainly think of them in certain ways. Ivory is masculine, Syl is feminine, Pattern appears to be masculine. I think we can discount the Stormfather because he and Dalinar seem to have a special situation. Thoughts?

Braid_Tug

• Aes Sedai
    • Brandon Sanderson Discussion Admin
Re: Renarin's Spren
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Part of me feels like Sanderson slipped Glys in as a male so that we wouldn't spent the whole time between book 2&3 thinking that the bonds had to be male / female - except the Stormfather / Dalinar.
Avatar: Braid glyph. Created by Isaac Stewart, 2015. Not officially in any Stormlight Book.

Mod note:  Let's all play nice and remember we have at least a few things in common, otherwise, you would not be on this website.

Lael Miskeri

• Dedicated
Re: Renarin's Spren
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 02:46:08 AM »
That would make sense and I think would be Brandon's style. I just wonder if it's more than that.